“If you cannot describe what you yourself are doing as an activity, that you do not know what you’re doing” – W. Edwards Deming (1900-1993)
Exactly what are business systems?
Company systems are documented procedures aiming just how your organization operates. They have been processes, often combining actions taken by individuals and some as a type of automated application, organised in such a way so as to satisfy a given set of business goals. Such systems can generally take place without business founder / owner’s direct action, again and again, as efficiently as you are able to.
Examples of processes can sometimes include exactly how your staff should answer the telephone, the way they take and spread messages; the task for raising, approving, putting and receiving sales; the procedure for generating, checking and delivering out customer invoices, also getting repayments and following through to outstanding bills etc.
Regardless of the size or kind of your online business, chances are you already have set procedures in position addressing numerous functions within your organisation, which employees follow out of practice or as directed by their manager / manager.
Company systems are the manual for your needs; the “know-how” of any continuing business that numerous business founders / owners often hold in their head, and now have not got round to putting onto paper.
Why implement company systems?
There are lots of reasons and simply as numerous advantages for having founded and documented systems in your company, some of including the following:
1. They provide a framework for the operations and an structure that is effective help your business.
2. they consistency that is improve production, delivery, customer support, after-sales worry etc.
3. They improve outcomes and/or efficiency, because you along with your employees don’t need to re-invent the wheel each time.
4. They provide a much better work place for your employees, as an effective system will contribute to making clear functions and obligations in addition to providing staff with some tips to relate to.
5. They ensure conformity with legislation, security regulations or some other requirement that is legal to your kind of company operations.
6. They offer your online business the ability to expand and so they facilitate company development, while they can make your business more attractive to virtually any potential investor or customer.
Just what system is best suited?
Though there are similarities across numerous functions, such as Accounts, hr, Sales, Stores, Logistics etc., unfortuitously there is certainly no body ideal, one size fits all system that actually works for several companies. Any system will have to incorporate the business’s company objectives, its people and the method it provides its services or products.
It is vital to have a system that is well-designed customised to your type of operation, and thought out by individuals at all amounts inside the organization.
Such a system could be more apt to be accompanied by all workers, because they were involved in its design, and they comprehend the value that having a method in place brings to the quality of their work plus the service they supply to customers.
One point to bear in mind is the fact that having great individuals dealing with defectively created systems – or no systems – will probably induce an business that is under-performing. Having said that, great systems without good people won’t work either, hence the additional advantage of involving employees in creating a system, or simply just in documenting the procedures they’re following.
Similarly therefore, workers who’ve been competed in your online business systems must also feel empowered enough so they just have to follow a given script without using their head that they don’t feel.
As a result, it’s important to encourage feedback not only from your own customers, but in addition from your own workers also to use such feedback to review and to continuously improve and develop your online business systems.
Exactly what do you think associated with the advantages of having company systems?
Do you have systems in place in your organization?
Do you want advice about applying company systems in your organization?